Camping is all about embracing the great outdoors, connecting with nature, and, of course, savoring delicious meals around the campfire. While classic campfire treats like s’mores are beloved staples, there’s a world of sweet possibilities waiting to be explored. In this blog post, we’ll take your camping desserts to the next level with a collection of the best camping dessert recipes that are easy to prepare and will satisfy your sweet tooth under the open sky.
Campfire cones are a delightful twist on classic s’mores. Here’s how to make them:
- Waffle cones
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Sliced bananas or strawberries
- Aluminum foil
- Fill waffle cones with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and your choice of sliced fruit.
- Wrap each cone in aluminum foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped cones on the campfire grate or hot coals for a few minutes, turning occasionally.
- Carefully unwrap, and enjoy your gooey, campfire cones!
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler:
Dutch ovens are fantastic for campfire cooking, and this peach cobbler recipe is a camping favorite:
- Canned peaches in syrup
- Yellow cake mix
- Grease the inside of your Dutch oven.
- Pour in the canned peaches, syrup and all.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the peaches.
- Cut thin slices of butter and arrange them on top of the cake mix.
- Place the Dutch oven on hot coals with additional coals on the lid.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown and bubbly.
Grilled Banana Boats:
This simple yet indulgent dessert is perfect for a camping evening by the fire:
- Ripe bananas, unpeeled
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, honey, or cinnamon
- Slice the unpeeled bananas lengthwise, creating a pocket.
- Fill the pocket with mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, along with any optional toppings you like.
- Wrap the banana in aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped banana on the grill or over the campfire coals for about 5-10 minutes, until the ingredients inside are melted and gooey.
- Carefully unwrap, and dig in with a spoon!
Campfire Apple Crisp:
Savor the flavors of fall with this campfire apple crisp:
- Sliced apples
- Brown sugar
- Place sliced apples in a foil packet.
- In a separate bowl, mix oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and small pieces of butter.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture over the apples.
- Seal the foil packet and cook it over the campfire for 15-20 minutes, until the apples are tender and the topping is crisp.